There’s a certain camaraderie among coffee lovers. There’s a certain camaraderie among tea lovers. There is even a certain camaraderie among foodies. Which actually leads me to this honorable mention (more like a discussion) that November is National Peanut Butter Month. Which leads us to the fact that there must be a certain camaraderie among peanut butter lovers. Let’s raise a spoon!
For the intellectuals, please note the following essential information about peanut butter captured from wikihow.com:
1) Americans eat three pounds of peanut butter per person each year.
2) We eat enough peanut butter to cover the floor of the Grand Canyon.
3) Peanut butter is nutritional; it provides protein, niacin, folate and fiber.
4) Peanut butter contains an anti-cancer ingredient, resveratrol.
For the foodies among us, please note the great ways to eat peanut butter captured from me (in this nice peanut butter color):
1) peanut butter cookies
2) peanut butter pie
3) peanut butter ice cream
4) reese’s peanut butter cups
5) reese’s brownie cup – find recipe here
6) peanut butter fudge
7) peanut butter balls (or Buckeyes)
8) peanut butter and jelly sandwich
9) peanut butter and banana sandwich (if you are from the South, please, please comment. People need to know that I have not lost my mind. Thank you in advance for your support.)
10) peanut butter on graham crackers
11) peanut butter on saltines
12) peanut butter on celery (not really a favorite, but I though I’d throw it out there.)
13) peanut butter rice krispie treats
14) Not to mention every other kind of food that is a shoot off of any of the above
Has anybody tried these? I won’t get to ’cause this bag is headed in the mail as a birthday present for my peanut butter lovers’ birthday. Oops! I guess it is no longer a surprise, since he reads my blog. Oh well . . . .
15) and our favorite way – BY THE SPOONFUL!
And now the side benefits of peanut butter:
2) Eating it will get you a spouse. Mmmm. (Science hasn’t proven this one yet.)
3) You can catch mice with it.
4) And your dog will love it also. He can lick the spoon after you. No. Really.
I’m sending a shout out to all peanut butter lovers, especially my peanut butter lover whose birthday is this very day!!!