There is an organizing conundrum in this world.
So much is written on the subject! And yet, we don’t seem to get a handle on it.
But there are professionals to help with this dilemma just like there are professionals that help us with changing our oil, or cleaning our house, or buying stock. Let’s face it, sometimes we just need help.
But to help alleviate the confusion about these said professionals here are 5 reasons to utilize their skills.
- They help us make educated decisions. Sometimes a second opinion is needed to make the best choice of action with your space or with your possessions. They bring their expertise to the game.
- They fill in your knowledge base. Sometimes we just don’t know what to do next. Or how to do what needs to be done. No one can know everything. She’s happy to help.
- They do, of course, help you with those infamous bins marked “keep,” “trash,” and “donate.” They will talk you through the organizing process, set you up for success and help you focus on getting it done. But additionally, they help you move past the separation anxiety.
- They aid in transition to newer applications. You’ve done paper calendars and schedules? But has technology offered an easier solution. Sometimes yes, but there are details to make the transition. She can offer suggestions and elbow grease to make that digital move.
- They can teach you how to replicate the process to do on your own in the future. You may think that you will need a professional organizer for months if you are to put order back into your home. On the contrary. Most professional organizers work themselves out of a job. She’s happy to teach the method and watch you flourish.
There’s still much misunderstanding about the function of a Professional Organizer. And I rarely link to article, but here is one that does a great job capturing the essence of the profession.